Re: [News] Short Cedega Review; Inquirer Editor Tries and Reviews GNU/Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Tuesday 17 April 2007 01:10 \__

>> Cedega mini-review.
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | After Cedega was installed, I ran the diagnostic tests to see if
>> | my system was beefy enough to run Cedega; I would have been pretty
>> | surprised if it couldn't. Cedega was pretty straight-forward
>> | with the install;
>> `----
>>
>> http://misconfig.blogspot.com/2007/04/cedega-mini-review.html
>
> "I have all of my games working so far, Battlefield 2, BF2 Special
> Forceds, Oblivion, WoW, Guild wars, Guild Wars Factions, Starcraft and
> Starcraft Broodwar. I see no reason why anyone would have an excuse to
> stay with a windows machine; come on people, make the switch you will
> NOT look back."
>
> I wonder how many of those games work well, if at all, under Vista.

I have a good friend who has been collecting many games for many years. He's
a collector. I bet he'll be praying that his games will not become a pile of
rubbish. That's what experts have always warned about. Companies thrive in
the breaking of the old and selling of the new.

Watch some stats:

Vista breaks 90% of games, claims game publisher

,----[ Quote ]
| Alex St. John, chief executive of game publisher WildTangent, today
| blasted his former employer for a half-baked and negligent way of
| treating the majority of game publishers - small development studios
| and individual programmers of casual games: St. John claims that at
| least nine out of ten games do not work with Vista.
`----

http://tomshardware.co.uk/2007/01/30/vista_games/

It means that Windows XP users may actually get /more/ games working if they
switch to Linux, rather than move into the 'land of no games' (AKA Vista).
Virtualisation is not a solution here. It's an ugly workaround that won't
last for long. It is also not secure (not with the PC plugged to the
network).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Tasks: 121 total,   1 running, 118 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie