Re: [News] Microsoft Shut Down 10 "Live" Services

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Monday 16 April 2007 22:47 \__

>> Microsoft prunes its Windows Live line-up
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | What to make of these changes? Is Microsoft starting to get its Windows
>> | Live branding house in order? Is the company simply beginning a long
>> | overdue "Windows Live" purge, much like the quiet .Net naming purge
>> | conducted a few years back? Or is Microsoft actually starting to kill
>> | off actual services and not just ill-chosen names?
>> `----
>>
>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=391
>
> I guess Sweaty B. won't be fscking killing Google any time soon.

They call it rebranding, I think, but it's part of a pattern where
terminololy is spun and facts are being hidden, just like their division,
which they merge to confuse investors (saving face). Crashes are  a
feature... contradictions in OOXML are not really "contradictions",
"Vista-ready" means it can boot into Basis Edition...

The list goes on and on. Are they trying to buy the consumer's trust in this
way?

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Previously-unsurpassed exposure makes carnation-faced men
Swap:  1036184k total,   489636k used,   546548k free,    30096k cached