Re: [News] Microsoft is Now "Motivated by Fear"

> Microsoft's act of desperation
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft knows that Vista is a sub-par OS. Had Vista in it's current
> | form arrived in 2004 instead of 2007, it may have passed for
> | acceptable... You go to Dell's website, and in the option to select
> | operating systems, you see Windows and Linux. Windows costs an
> | extra 400 dollars; Linux is an extra 50.
> `----
>
> http://fiscaltimes.com/2007/04/15/microsofts-act-of-desperation/

Such an erudite source!  Imagine a sophomore, a junior, and an
African-American Haberdasher .  With such incisive analysis, everyone should
get on board!

"Harvey Multani is a modern-day Conquistador. When he isn't trading options,
he is studying Economics and Operations Engineering as a third-year student
at Allegheny College. You can reach him at harvey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Benjamin Tagoe is an African-American Haberdasher with a flare for
mortgage-based derivative instruments. His hobbies include real estate,
arbitrage, and studying Public Policy and Finance as a second-year student
at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School. You can reach him at
ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aniq Rahman is half man, half engineer. His time is split between numerous
start-up ventures and studying Economics and BioEngineering as a second-year
student at Cornell University."

Their last names are suspicious, though.

> Related:
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Already industrial watchers are pointing to a serious showdown,
> | which in the meantime, the Chief Executive of Microsoft Corporation,
> | Steve Ballmer did not rule out in a recent interview in which he
> | also explained why Microsoft announced a sweeping reorganisation
> | of its Windows division.
> |
> | "We have to outrun this phenomenon [Open Source/Linux]" he was quoted as
> | saying, and " ...if we let up for a minute... then that other stuff will
> | gain" attraction.
> `----
>
> http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=01/31/2007&qrTitle=Understanding%20Open%20Source%20technology&qrColumn=ISSUES

Another intelligent source:  "The Tide Online is pupblished(sic) by Rivers
State Newspaper Corporation, 4 Ikwerre Road, Port Harcourt, Nigeria."

Well, once they get their hands on some of those hand-crankers, they might
be able to improve themselves.  I can wait.