Re: [News] Windows Vista Sold 244 Copies in China

__/ [ Mark Kent ] on Monday 16 April 2007 11:08 \__

> ed <ed@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On Sun, 15 Apr 2007 17:48:10 +0100
>> "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm all for people making money with Linux (I did it for years), but
>>> it goes without saying that I do not support copyright violation.
>>> Software patents and bullshit like DRM ... well that's another thing.
>>
>> we've been using it for ages to make money. it's a great system. and
>> occasionally i make contributions when i see a better way to do things.
>>

> Nothing wrong with making money from Linux and GNU stuff, and the best
> way of paying back is to make contributions - you are a model citizen!

What's rotten is the BSA's complaint about people who spread CDs with
software like Mozilla Firefox and OpenOffice around. They can smell what's
coming... their jobs are becoming obsolete, so they are getting bitter. One
of them was trolling Netscape and Digg a while ago, suggeting that Linux
users are "cheap".

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
         run-level 5  Apr 14 23:12                   last=S