[News] Get Windows Browser, Break Bluetooth Tree

Internet Explorer 7 has broken my Bluetooth in Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet another example of how having an operating system completely
| dependant upon a browser is not the smartest of ideas.
`----

http://www.watkissonline.co.uk/wordpress/?p=406

Another example where a monolithic system leads to one compartment
unexpectedly breaking another. Windows desperately requires a redesign (from
the bottom upwards, not more 'hacks' on top).

As the following video shows, this particular structural decision for the O/S
was not driven by architectural needs. It was intended to impede
competition.

        http://www.youtube.com/v/0qNVe024RvI

Related:

Windows cursor patch causing trouble

,----[ Quote ]
| Installing Microsoft's Tuesday patch for a "critical" Windows
| vulnerability is causing trouble for some users.
`----

http://news.com.com/Windows+cursor+patch+causing+trouble/2100-1002_3-6173413.html

IE 7 Cautionary Tale

,----[ Quote ]
| After updating to the new browser, none of the computers
| could access QuickBooks, the CRM system or e-mail. The IT
| manager had to remotely administrator each machine, from
| the U.S. He turned back to a restore point a day earlier,
| undoing the chaos caused by IE 7.
`----

http://www.microsoft-watch.com/content/web_services_browser/ie_7_cautionary_tale.html?kc=MWRSS02129TX1K0000535
http://tinyurl.com/ycjw4k

Are you being served?

,----[ Quote ]
| Like many Microsoft desktop users this week I clicked on the icon
| 'upgrade to Explorer 7'. Mistake. Outlook and Express disappeared.
| As did the Explorer multi-choice menu. Panic. Has it deleted all
| my emails?
`----

http://www.it-director.com/business/content.php?cid=9069&ref=fd_itd

IE7 Breaks Outlook 2003