Re: [News] Almost 1 in 4 Europeans Uses Firefox

__/ [ p5000011 ] on Sunday 15 April 2007 01:22 \__

> The banal Roy Schestowitz scribbled:
>
>> __/ [ p5000011 ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 19:13 \__
>>
>>> The banal Roy Schestowitz scribbled:

>>> Seeing as Microsoft's 'solution' to so many vulnerabilities is not
>>> visit untrusted sites, I would say that goes without saying. :-)
>>
>> I was thinking about tabbed browsing and power users, actually. On
>> the other hand, all these zombies that harvest the Web are Win/IE,
>> which is one of the reasons Web stats mean zilch. The same goes for
>> E-mail. Some say 94% of it is SPAM. Blame OLE.
>
> I was joking.
>
> Your news posts are appreciated but perhaps you should reconsider
> adding your own subjects as it is leaving you wide open to personal
> attacks from some of the windows trolls when you screw up. Let the
> articles speak fo themselves.

Sometimes, however, the related links (I carefully select them to make a
point) and the inclusion of a secondary news item makes it harder. I try to
make it stand out as advocacy and sometimes the 'artistic' headlines cannot
be escaped without reading further because they are not descriptive enough.
Made up examples: "Company opens up for collaboration", "Red Hat Goes for
the Green", "Gloomy Vista"...

When reading through the feeds, I believe that if the headline fails to
convey the story, then it fails. The Inquirer and Register are really bad in
that respect because the titles are humour/teasers, so one needs to at least
glance at the description.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows: slippery when dry. You have been warned.
Tasks: 120 total,   1 running, 117 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie