Re: [News] Office 2007 Crashes Are a Feature, Says Microsoft

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 14 April 2007 17:25 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
>> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
>> wisdom:
>>
>>> Microsoft: Word 2007 crashes are a feature, not bug
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;377659799
>>
>> It's pretty funny to see them spinning this one.  Sure, the crash may be
>> a good thing:
>>
>>    Crashing means you made a mistake, bad programmer, no biscuit," said
>>    LeBlanc in an MSDN blog. "However, crashing may be the lesser of the
>>    evils in many places. The theory is that it is better to crash, at
>>    least with client apps, than it is to be running the bad guy's shell
>>    code."
>>
>>  But there is what is funny, and it comes in the very next paragraph:
>>
>>    Office 2007 uses this strategy, said LeBlanc, ...
>>
>> In other words, BAD PROGRAMMING is equated to a STRATEGY.
>
> LOL! Add that one to Sweaty B's dictionary: "Incompetence" = "Strategy",
> along with "Bugs" = "Features", "Platform" = "Windows", and "Plagiarise"
> = "Innovate".
>
> Doubleplusbullshit!

Also think along the lines of "owing basic methods" = "everybody wins". This
is man's destrcution of its own culture, science, and betterment.

Commerce Secretary names Schramm to innovation panel
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^

,----[ Quote ]
| He will be part of a lineup that includes the Microsoft Corp. CEO
| Steve Ballmer, 3M CEO George Buckley, UPS Chairman and CEO Michael Eskew,
| ^^^^^^^^^^^^^
| IBM CEO Samuel Palmisano and Wal-Mart Stores Vice Chairman John
| Menzer.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/bizj/061206/1386414.html?.v=2

Big businesses boast of patent benefits, for small businesses

,----[ Quote ]
| A report published by an EU task force on intellectual property claims
| that small businesses benefit from a patent system, despite lacking
| almost any participation by the small business community.
|
| Instead, the report, titled IPR (intellectual property rights) for
| competitiveness and innovation, was written up almost entirely by
| large corporations and the patent industry.
|
| [...]
|
| The report does note objections from the likes of patentfrei.de and
| Sun Microsystems, which were recorded at some length in the report.
| But this does not appear to have impacted the conclusion of the
| report in any way
|
| [...]
|
| Jean-Pierre Laisne, of ObjectWeb, an open source software community,
| said that he found the report useless: participants were told that
| all their contributions would be recorded but at the end only
| those of Business Software Alliance and Microsoft were used.
`----

http://www.pcpro.co.uk/news/99155/big-businesses-boast-of-patent-benefits-for-small-businesses.html

Ah! Don't you love the smell of corruption at night?

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz     | Run a Linux server, sit on your hands all day
Tasks: 111 total,   1 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   2 zombie