Re: [News] Microsoft Gets 38 Patents in One Day, Patents "Detection of Security Vulnerabilities in Computer Programs"

Verily I say unto thee, that Robert Newson spake thusly:
> Gordon wrote:

>> It would seem that ANY new OS that retained backwards compatibility while
>> giving the user new functionality might fall foul of this patent!

> But shirley, similarly, any OS not by MS which has previously retained
> backward compatibility while giving the user new functionality might be
> prior art?

Pesky things like prior art, laws, and morality, are irrelevant to the
"if we can't 'innovate' it, we'll just patent it" clan.

And don't call me Shirley :)

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2307.fc5
 12:13:33 up 2 days, 20:25,  2 users,  load average: 0.13, 0.18, 0.32