Re: PS3 Linux

  • Subject: Re: PS3 Linux
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:13:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Verily I say unto thee, that Mark Kent spake thusly:
>> __/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 12 April 2007 17:44 \__
>>
>>> I don't know because I don't have a PS3 since I'm saving for my new Dell
>>> pre-installed with Linux which I will then photograph along with the
>>> receipt then send along with a sworn affidavit to Uncle DooFuS as proof
>>> that I did indeed buy a Dell just like I promised I would despite said
>>> uncle DooFuS' being a born-again sceptic and world renowned fascist
>>> worshipped by millions of evil minions who are by definition all my
>>> sworn enemies and the enemies of everyone in the Free world but as I am
>>> an altruistic person I will humour him and his minions otherwise I'll
>>> never hear the end of it and we will have to endure decades and decades
>>> of uncle DooFuS droning on and on about the day that I said that as soon
>>> as Dell released a pre-installed community Linux Desktop machine I would
>>> indeed buy it which means that I'm a bit pre-occupied saving for my new
>>> Dell and anyway I don't really play games often enough to justify going
>>> out and buying a console even though the PS3 can also double as a
>>> Desktop replacement since I already have more computers than I can shake
>>> a very large clue-stick at plus I'm down to my last two electrical
>>> sockets and I was saving one for my new Dell and the other for
>>> recharging my mobile so if I got a PS3 I wouldn't have anywhere to plug
>>> it in unless I tapped into the neighbours power line which I might end
>>> up doing anyway because my power bill is frightening and I hear the guy
>>> next door spends all his time abroad so he probably wouldn't notice
>>> anyway and it would give me a couple extra sockets to use to expand my
>>> network into a supercomputer cluster that I could use to facilitate my
>>> two master-plans to simultaneously rid the world of evil and create a
>>> better recipe for doughnuts so that they stay moist longer.
>> Thanks for reminding me why punctuation is vital. It's almost as bad as those
>> Slashdot editors...
>>

> You need to get yourself a copy of: "Eats shoots and leaves".
>
> The title alone is a very good example of why ignoring good English is
> both foolhardy and insulting to your audience.

Actually the correct title is "Eats, Shoots & Leaves", so you've
demonstrated the point quite well :)

/me <ducks>

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2307.fc5
 16:08:36 up 2 days, 20 min,  3 users,  load average: 0.22, 0.19, 0.18