Re: [News] Microsoft Just Won't Leave the BIOS Alone...

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Thursday 12 April 2007 07:44 \__

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?p=2705017#post2705017

> The Trusted Computing nightmare begins.
>
> Next stop ...
>
> PhoenixBIOS error: Illegal Operating System. Linux not allowed.

Yes, I was going to mention this. Even chipsm nowadays are not platform
agnostic. One day when Windows is passe we'll look back at our CPU's
'Windows module' and think: "What a waste of wafer..."

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Ping this IP, see if it responds the second time"
  8:20am  up 31 days 15:23,  7 users,  load average: 1.28, 1.39, 1.07