Re: PCLOS

  • Subject: Re: PCLOS
  • From: William Poaster <wp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:20:41 +0100
  • Leafnode: Ver 1.11.6.r1
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:13:51 -0400, Rick wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 23:03:42 +0100, Kier wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 22:48:24 +0100, [H]omer wrote:
>>
>>> Verily I say unto thee, that Kier spake thusly:

>>> Nice summary:
>>>
>>> http://www.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=38&Itemid=1
>>
>> Thanks. Seems my guess was pretty much correct - they got too popular
>> :-)
>>
>> I told Hadron he was talking shite.
>
> He won't admit it. He'll change the subject or try some runaround. Hmmm ..
> I think I'll take a look at the donation site. I was going to donate if I
> went to 2007. Maybe I'll just make that decision tonight.

According to what I read, their site is down due to excessive access to
the database. Ibiblio, which mirrors PCLinuxOS (& quite feew other
distros) for updates, etc, has had a hardware failure in a disc array,
which has affected the very part of the site which stores most of those
distros including PCLinuxOS. They ALL went offline, apparently. The site
holding the forum has been swamped with by bandwidth usage and took the
forum site down too.

As for Quack, see sig.

--
Contrary to popular belief, the M$ trolls & shills
*can* tell the difference between their arse