[News] Linux Now Supports Another 352 USB Webcams, Thanks to One Man

One man writes Linux drivers for 352 USB webcams

,----[ Quote ]
| A lone hobbyist programmer sitting at his home in France is responsible
| for adding 352 USB webcams to the list of those supported by Linux. He
| tells the INQUIRER about this often unknown and unrecognised achievement.

Perens set to tackle open-source hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| On Monday, Perens plans to announce the TAPR Open Hardware
| License, a document written by John Ackerman designed
| specifically to govern hardware designs that can be
| modified and redistrubuted. Perens plans to submit the
| license to the Open Source Initiative for its as an
| open-source license.
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10795_3-6156093.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news
http://tinyurl.com/2noydh

Free Linux Driver Development!

,----[ Quote ]
| Yes, that's right, the Linux kernel community is offering all
| companies free Linux driver development. No longer do you have
| to suffer through all of the different examples in the Linux
| Device Driver Kit, or pick through the thousands of example
| drivers in the Linux kernel source tree trying to determine
| which one is the closest to what you need to do.
`----

http://www.kroah.com/log/2007/01/29/#free_drivers

Linux Hardware Support

,----[ Quote ]