Re: Viglen?s high performance cluster at university of London ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 30 April 2007 18:21 \__

> 'The installed software is based on the Redhat Fedora distribution of
> Linux. To control and manage its cluster of high-power machines, the
> College uses a mixture of custom and standard open source tools'
>
> http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/HPC/QueenMary.pdf
>
> 'We have based our solution around the award winning Rocks HPC OS'
>
> http://www.viglen.co.uk/viglen/Products_Services/HPC/news-solution.aspx
>
> http://www.rocksclusters.org

In supercomputing, Linux can almost be assumed.

http://top500.org/lists/2006/11

,----[ Statsistics from the above survey: ]
| Operating system Family: Linux
| Count: 376
| Share %: 75.20%

                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: who ownZ you tod4y?
 10:20pm  up 2 days  6:35,  4 users,  load average: 0.81, 0.86, 0.45