Re: [News] Chips Sales Confirm That Vista Means Nothing (Figures Been Made Up/'Massaged')

__/ [ Linonut ] on Monday 30 April 2007 12:43 \__

> After takin' a swig o' grog, Roy Schestowitz belched out this bit o'
> wisdom:
>
>> Chip sales confirm no Microsoft Vista boom
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | See How Microsoft pretends to flog Vista and Mystery of Microsoft Vista
>> | sales stays unanswered.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39274
>
>    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39237
>
>    What is clear is that Microsoft has no problems raising prices and
>    has a captive OEM audience somewhat incapable of saying boo to a
>    goose which doesn't always lay a golden egg, like the fabled Windows
>    95.
>
>    A lot of the 65 per cent rise in Microsoft's Q3 revenues was brought
>    forward from the previous quarter and is related to a coupon scheme
>    it funded.
>
>    The firm also changed its accounting method so that every time it
>    ships a Vista licence, the revenue accrues in that quarter rather
>    than over a period of time as it did with Windows XP.
>
> Innovation, Microsoft style.  Didja get /your/ Microsoft coupons?

Spotted a short while ago:

http://digg.com/microsoft/Office_Vista_launches_boost_Microsoft_sales_reviewLAB_net

"Don't blame me. They forced me to take vista on my new laptop and now I
haven't even touched the laptop in 3 weeks. I HATE VISTA. 1 unhappy puppy
with a useless resource hog operating system. So I am staying with my old
desktops and XP pro, and Ubuntu."

It says it all, doesn't it? The sellers give Microsoft what it wants, rather
than give the customers what they want. The wrath of Microsoft outweighs the
customer's needs. Is /this/ a free market?

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)
Cpu(s):  22.9% user,   2.6% system,   0.6% nice,  73.9% idle