[News] Canonical Eyes the Thirst for Linux Skills in Russia and Canada

Canonical and Eureca Training Center Partner to Deliver Ubuntu Certified
Professional Training in Russia

,----[ Quote ]
| "The popularity of Ubuntu in the Russian Federation has really
| impressed us and it is clear that there is real demand for
| Certified skills and qualifications in Russia..."

Canonical and Savoir-Faire Linux Partner to Deliver Ubuntu Certified
Professional Training in Canada

,----[ Quote ]
| "Savoir-Faire was a natural partner for Ubuntu training in Canada.
| They promote and assist open source and Linux deployments in
| companies across Canada with training, an integral part of wide
| adoption. Having them on board will provide the companies now
| deploying Ubuntu with training for their employees," commented
| Chris Kenyon, business development director at Canonical.
`----

http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2007/4/emw522471.htm

Related:

Spending on open source support services in Canada to soar

,----[ Quote ]
| The market for open source support services is going to boom over
| the next five years, according to a recent Gartner survey.
`----

http://www.itbusiness.ca/it/client/en/home/News.asp?id=42488&cid=6

Russian schools abandon Windows after piracy scare

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft says that the incident has nothing to do with them, but it
| appears that Russian schools in the area are so scared about being shipped
| off to a Siberian Gulag, that they are buying Linux gear instead.
|
| [..]
|
| According to Karpushin, schools would start using freely distributed
| software like the Linux OS, Russky office and Open office desktop apps,
| Ekho Moskvi reports.

Linux and Windows in Russian schools

,----[ Quote ]
| I just noticed this blog entry (in Russian) from an advanced Linux
| user, where he offers free help to every teacher (or their boss)
| who'd like to start teaching Linux, and gives a few links to
| other such projects, such as "The winter Linux school for teachers"
| (in Russian) organized by ALTLinux together with a few other
| institutions. A few other projects do exist. Hopefully, such
| projects, together with the "antipiracy" campaign will lead to
| more Linux and open source in Russian schools.
`----

http://blog.linuxtoday.com/blog/archives/070130-080943.html

Russian Government Will Migrate to OpenSource

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://danays.blogspot.com/2006/12/russian-government-will-migrate-to.html