Re: [News] Windows Guy Says .Net is Hindered for Ignoring Other Platforms

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 29 April 2007 02:35 \__

>> Please Microsoft, Stop Holding .NET Back!
>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
> [...]
>> | The bottom line is, Microsoft doesn't understand the definition of the
>> | word "standard."
>
> And then when the Antitrust Commission demands that they release
> information about that "standard" in order to facilitate it becoming an
> *actual* standard ... MS bitch about it, and pretend they don't
> understand what the Commission really means, and moan about intellectual
> property rights.
>
> To MS, a "standard" is about domination, not equality.

I didn't post this to COLA (for obvious reason), but yet again Microsoft
pretends that it doesn't understand what the EC wants. It's like the Gates
deposition all over again.

FWIW, Kroes was not growing impatient and giving up, as Microsoft
had hoped. This worked in the States where the blind eye is turned until
2012. Kroes is already talking about structrual remedies. She wants to do
what Judge Jackson sought to achieve nearly a decade ago.

--
                ~~ Best regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> wget -r -erobots=off http://www.*
  5:00am  up  13:15,  4 users,  load average: 1.11, 0.91, 0.83