[News] AmaroK Reaches Out to Other Platforms

Amarok2 builds on Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| Credits go to my fellow Amarok developer Dan Meltzer, who spent the
| last two days tweaking the source to get this running. The amazing
| part here is that it only took two days. Basically most of Amarok
| was already so portable that it compiled without changes. I really
| expected it to be much more work. Shows that it pays off to use an
| excellent cross-platform toolkit like Qt in the first place.
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/374-Amarok2-builds-on-Windows.html

This will help people use more Linux/FLOSS applications before jumping over
to the Linux universe. Just like Firefox and OpenOffice...

Version 2 probably to be released in October.

Related:

Amarok on Mac

,----[ Quote ]
| Been a while since I posted, but I thought I'd give you guys a
| glimpse of a (very ugly) Amarok running on a Mac. I used the
| excellent packages from Ranger Rick to get KDE4 libs up and running
| (you can do it from svn but many of the tools required are most
| easily gotten from Fink, which can cause conflicts if you
| have kde3 stuff from it).
`----

http://amarok.kde.org/blog/

Get your groove on with Amarok

,----[ Quote ]
| So, you got the new iPod that you wanted for Christmas, but you're
| no fan of iTunes. No problem -- you can cast off your iTunes chains
| and manage your music entirely with Linux using Amarok. Amarok
| gives you everything you need to manage your music, from playing
| to burning music CDs to managing your portable music player.

Linux Audio Players, Tested and Graded

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE users have it easy: Amarok is slick enough to crow about in a
| room full of iTunes or Windows Media Player users.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128636-page,4-c,linux/article.html

Amarok Weekly Newsletter - Issue 8

,----[ Quote ]
| Many new features, improvements, and optimizations. Be also prepared for
| some unpopular features to be removed, like Player window or XMMS
| visualizations. But don't worry, there will be lots of new and
| interesting features to play with. Lets see some interesting
| ideas which show up on the horizon.
`----

http://ljubomir.simin.googlepages.com/awnissue8

Amarok 1.4.5 Overview + Interview w/ Mark Kretschmann

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lunapark6.com/?p=3032