Re: [News] Red Hat's Virtualisation Plans and Linspire's Feisty Plans

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Red Hat and Building the Open Source Virtualization Stack
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | There is a way yet to go for Red Hat, but they've made a good start.
> | I'm hoping to learn more from them in future converstaions.
> `----
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/virtualization/?p=123
>
> Freespire 2.0, Linspire 6.0, CNR v2 rollout plans published
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The next edition of Freespire 2.0, as Linspire previously announced,
> | will use the newly released Ubuntu 7.04 for its foundation. In the
> | past, Linspire has been based on Debian.
> `----
>
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4368732508.html

*blinks* in a way that means 'you are switching away from Debian to Debian?'
Thats a dramatic move is not it, erm, not it is, erm ... whatever.

But I wonder why they are doing this, Linspire is a good client in it's own
right, the people who use it love it. The whole thing designed for ease of
use for people who want to just use the computer without having to 'do' any
computing.

I liked it when I was going through a period when I hated computers (put it
down to male PMT) and didn't want to even write a script any more, the only
down side from my point of view was when I was over that period and was
ready to poke-n-prod again, Linspire is a bit touchy if you do try to add
server services to it, plus I utterly destroyed its ability to use the CRN
(the software that keeps you up to date and load/unload software).

I could have reinstalled it but was ready to go home to Suse by then.