[News] Oracle Continues Its GNU/Linux Charade

Oracle gains some partner support for Unbreakable Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| After Oracle announced its Unbreakable Linux plans I wrote to the
| world's 15 largest software vendors (apart from Oracle and Microsoft -- I
| guessed what their responses would be) to ask them whether they planned
| to support their applications on Oracle Enterprise Linux.
`----

http://www.businessreviewonline.com/os/archives/2007/04/oracle_gains_so.html

A kinder, gentler Oracle?

,----[ Quote ]
| Ballmer is to Microsoft as Ellison is to Oracle. Its heart and soul,
| yes, but perhaps one that the company would do well to shed as both
| companies look to the future? It's hard to say, given how successful both
| men have been in leading their companies to outsized returns on the
| enterprise software market. But perhaps this very success will
| hobble the companies as they approach the future? Time will tell.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/openresource/archives/2007/04/a_kinder_gentle.html

Oracle Enterprise Linux now supported on Oracle PartnerNetwork

,----[ Quote ]
| And still there's no news from Red Hat on price cuts for support. That's
| not really a shock, given the fact that there's only been 9,000 downloads
| of Oracle Enterprise Linux, but I can't imagine that still being the case
| if, in six months, we're still getting weekly updates and customer wins
| from Oracle (Kumar called me roughly two weeks ago with the 'Yahoo is now
| an Oracle Enterprise Linux user' pitch).
`----

http://enterpriselinuxlog.blogs.techtarget.com/2007/04/24/oracle-enterprise-linux-now-supported-on-oracle-partnernetwork

SugarCRM Expands Support for Oracle Unbreakable Linux Support

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,95270.shtml