Re: CNBC - Is Microsoft Toast?

  • Subject: Re: CNBC - Is Microsoft Toast?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:31:50 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ John Locke ] on Thursday 26 April 2007 22:07 \__

> On 26 Apr 2007 10:58:52 -0700, Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
>>Note the date - April 26.
>>Microsoft will be posting their quarterly reports tonight.  The
>>Industry pundits are all over it.
>>The headline on the screen is - Is Microsoft Toast?
>>
> I just got back from doing some networking for an elderly
> couple. Very non-tech people. As I was leaving, they asked me
> what 's wrong with Microsoft ? "We've been hearing bad things about
> their new Vista."
>
> If these people are aware of problems with Microsoft, then  you know
> there's something big brewing in the wind.

"We've been hearing bad things about their new Vista."

Yes, they haven't vision (Vista). The only visibility on on stickers and
desktop machines which, unlike servers, can give the impression that Windows
is everywhere (never mind server and devices).

Microsoft's financial results were arranged in such a way so that they would
appear positive (beating expectations). This was pointed out by various
analysts last week (I quickly browse through about 30 financial items on
Microsoft per day, so I saw this).

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Ballmer O/S - so furious it may crash
Mem:    514480k total,   481800k used,    32680k free,     4496k buffers