Re: Compaq going to bundle OS/2 - bad ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 23 April 2007 15:51 \__

> From: bjornh Fri Oct 6 14:22:51 1989
> To: billg; jancl; joachimk; richab; richardf; russw; steveb
> Subject: Compaq and Windows - bad news
> Cc: jeremybu; paulm
> Date: Fri Oct 6 14:22:30 1989
>
> After pushing these guys for about two years they finally have decided
> what to do about windows - nothing!
>
> They will support it and make sure it runs on thir h/w, but they will
> not license it.
>
> The reason for this is OS/2. As Compaq expressed in the last executive
> meeting, they have decided that OS/2 is their strategic direction. They
> are even talking about bundling OS/2 2.0. To make OS/2 the OS of choice
> they need the support of the ISVs. Compaq is concerned that the ISVs are
> confised right now. They feel that Compaq endorsing Windows would only
> add to the confusion and divert energy away from OS/2.
>
> I will do my best to come up with a strategy that would change their
> minds, but the chances for doing that are looking pretty bad.
>
> Bjorn
>
> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/5000/PX05063.pdf

Windows used to face the troubles of today's Linux, backed by Microsoft's
endless FUD.

Then Microsoft started the FUD. Notice a pattern here? It's alwasy Microsoft
that descends to FUD, at a corporate level. Proof below.

===