Re: [News] [OT] Intel Says It Can 'Restore' Destroyed Documents (Evidence)

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 21:56 \__

>> Intel Has Plan to Restore Lost Documents
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Intel Corp. on Tuesday said it came up with a plan to restore
>> | documents destroyed as the company braced for massive antitrust
>> | litigation, saying it "regrets the lapse in its retention practices."
>> `----
>>
>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070424/intel_amd_suit.html?.v=1
>
> And their cunning plan would be ... what ... unlock the safe containing
> the tape backups?
>
> Farnan: "We order you to provide Email evidence for the investigation."
> Intel:  "But all the Emails have been destroyed."
> Farnan: "In which case, you are guilty of covering up the evidence."
> Intel:  <pause> ... Oh, *those* Emails.

Exactly!

Having bought some time, one wonders if they did some 'sorting'. Bear in mind
AMD claimed that Intel's very top execs had been involved in disappearance
of E-mails. The Comes vs Microsoft exhibits, tied with what we already know
about Intel, seem to indicate that Intel is 'successful', not successful.
And the nice guy finishes last.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Beware the Windows box spewage (more commonly known as "spam")
roy      pts/4                         Wed Apr 25 21:53   still logged in