Re: [News] Man Saves Laptop from Windows Vista, Using Linux

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Wednesday 25 April 2007 08:33 \__

http://paultyma.blogspot.com/2007/04/i-was-windows-vista-user-for-like-2.html

>> http://www.ae4rv.com/images/microsoft_vista.jpg
>
> I hope he declined the Microsoft EULA and got a refund.

That's just what I thought. He's from California where they demonstarted
against Dell, IIRC, after a Brit got his Windows tax refund. San Francisco
had some motion going on at the time and then "open source" laptops were
made available. There was also a small discussion about Microsoft spying on
first boot, so I mentioned the 'phone home' routine that's invoked even if
one rejects WGA, sending quite a lot of details to Redmond.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    X-No-Archive: No. Stand behind what you say
roy      pts/2                         Wed Apr 25 08:39   still logged in