[News] Interview Covers Linux, Power and the Cell Processor

Terra Soft CEO Kai Staats: Rallying Around the Cell Processor and Power
Architecture

,----[ Quote ]
| High-performance computing, or HPC, provides access to high-performance
| Linux OS systems with an immediate focus on the Cell Broadband Engine
| found in the IBM and Mercury Cell products, and the Cell processor
| found in the Sony PlayStation 3. The consortium is free to Department
| of Energy (DoE) and university laboratories.

PS3 Real-time Ray-tracing

,----[ Quote ]
| IBM Interactive Ray-tracer (iRT) using three Sony Playstation3s (PS3)
| to render a model that is 75x more complex then those used in
| today's games.
`----

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/NewsCom-33982.aspx

PS3 Yellow Dog Linux Install Videos

,----[ Quote ]
| Due to the demand on the PS3 forums I am making some install videos of
| Yellow Dog Linux. Sorry about the slightly shaky footage, since I was
| installing and holding the camera at the same time.
`----

http://fatpenguinblog.com/?p=798

PS3 Bests Wii And Xbox 360 In Play Pre-Orders

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.s-times.net/02172007/17/ps3_bests_wii_and_xbox_360_in_play_pre_orders