Re: undocumentated API functions found in WINDOWS.H

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Monday 23 April 2007 15:45 \__

> From: markwa Thu Jan 25 12:08:05 1990
> To: winbug
> Cc: davidw; greglo
> Subject: missing constants WEP_ in windows.h
> Date: Mon Nov 04 15:44:06 PDT 1991
>
> Two constants need to be defined in Windows.h
>
> WEP_SYSTEMEXIT        (system shutdown in progress)
> WEP_FREE_DLL  (DLL use count is zero)
>
> I don't know what the numerics valuse are; DavidW should know.
>
> These two constants are already documented in the Guide to Programming
> chapter on DLLs.
>
> From: bobgu Thu Jan 25 13:15:31 1990
> To: markwa
> Cc: jimgr; t-jeffbo
> Subject: Re: Undocumentated API functions found in WINDOWS.H
>
>  > From narkwa Thu JAn 25 13:06:29 1990
>
> The above is nice work!
>
> Please keep in mind, however, that we still have not dealt with making
> public the intrnal functions being used by Apps.
>
> I am about 95% complate on this task as well. The current tally indicates
>
> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/5000/PX05084.pdf

'A number of Microsoft ex-employees and certified developers have
referred to much of Microsoft?s formal documentation as "undocumentation"'

http://www.sonic.net/~undoc/comes_v_microsoft/Supp_Rpt_Andrew_Schulman.pdf

There appears to be nothing too deliberate in this one though.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Slashdot is standard-compliant... in Japan"
  2:00am  up 9 days  1:28,  6 users,  load average: 1.87, 1.34, 1.12