Re: The future vs Microsoft -- Microsoft loses?

__/ [ Jerry McBride ] on Tuesday 24 April 2007 00:31 \__

> Martha Adams wrote:
>
>> Gates seems to have departed from Microsoft at the very best
>> time for him to do that: Microsoft only goes down from here.  It
>> seems to me to have relied only upon user ignorance and some
>> ugly business practices for their "success" to date.  With more
>> people more knowledgeable, that is becoming less and less
>> effective.  So my impression is, Microsoft has maxed out.
>>
>> So where do they go from here?  My guess is, they will become
>> a patent litigation company.  No plant, no production, just a few
>> law offices actively looking for victims.  With the cash they have
>> in hand, that will be easy to do: they will have learned from SCO
>> and if as I guess, American politics remain very restrictive,
>> corrupt, and controlling for decades to come, Microsoft has a
>> long future yet.
>>
>> Cheers, sort of -- Martha Adams        [cola 2007 Apr 23]
>
> Hi Martha...
>
> My crystal ball says.... MSFT will become a niche service vendor, offering
> for a buck what GOOGLE offers. It'll do what it can to make a few dollars
> off the mighty MICROSOFT name... After all, there are STILL microsoft
> lemmings that will just about buy ANYTHING. Sometime after they finally
> realize that they are dieing a slow death, they'll begin the "SCO attack",
> using whatever bullshit they've piled up in their patent portfolio...
>
> When that happens, everybody should watch out... they'll drag as much as
> they can into the cesspool of failure.

Microsoft has a past sturated with betrayal of partners. There are several
good examples from last year alone where they ditch companies with whom they
have committment, all for personal benefit and gain. Ethics has never been a
priority at Microsoft. The same cannot be said about Google, for example, no
matter how large it has gotten so far. It is therefore not suprising that
DoubleClick actually rejected Microsoft, despite their high bid/s.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

everytime you say things like this i just think of that cult of people
who send around .doc files. i dont want to communicate with people who
talk in .doc format, but they do not wish to use something else, so
they discredit those without word. --Ed, c.o.l.a.