[News] Proprietary Codecs and Operating Systems Wrestle Over Vista BSOD Issues

QuickTime 7, Vista, and Toshiba's Tablet PC an Example of What's Wrong with
Computing Today

,----[ Quote ]
| The fact that nothing else I do will crash my system, but that locally
| stored QuickTime movies crash it every single time tells me that the
| problem is not with Toshiba or Intel's drivers or Microsoft's OS;
| it's with QuickTime for Windows.
`----

http://lowendmac.com/fishkin/07/0410.html

The joys of binaries and BSODs. The problem may never get resolved, so it's a
case of learning to live with it.

Related:

NVidia + Vista = BSOD

,----[ Quote ]
| It has been widely reported that Nvidia drivers are quite buggy,
| and Nvidia themselves have a special area to deal with Vista bugs.

Catalyst 7.3 Causes BSOD in Vista

,----[ Quote ]