[News] Intel Caught Promoting Windows-only Web Technology

Intel think that ActiveX is Web 2.0

,----[ Quote ]
| But I am sorry, marketing an ActiveX which gets information from
| Windows hardware as a new "Intel Web 2.0 technology development kit"
| ActiveX is dead, in term of Internet, that?s too 90?s for me, and
| that's not Web 2.0, guys!
`----

http://rafaelmizrahi.blogspot.com/2007/04/intel-think-that-activex-is-web-20.html

Related:

Intel Seen Using China Forum to Detail Plans on Hand-Helds

,----[ Quote ]
| That software effort [Linux] does not have the support of Mr. Otellini, who
| is concerned about incurring Microsoft's wrath, the executive said.
| The two companies have a long history of tension over who controls
| the hardware and software direction of the "Wintel standard."
`----

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/16/technology/16chip.html?ex=1177560000&en=2ef52cee6b1fb0e3&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS

Acer puts Active X hole on laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Laptop outfit Acer seems to have placed an Active X control on its
| computers that seems to allow webpages to execute any program.
|
| This huge hole in network security has been installed on board Acer
| lap-tops since 1998.

Way Too ActiveX

,----[ Quote ]
`----