Re: [News] Video: Windows Vista Hijacked with Just a Few Clicks

  • Subject: Re: [News] Video: Windows Vista Hijacked with Just a Few Clicks
  • From: "[H]omer" <spam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 06:30:29 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
> Windows Vista Hacking Video
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A video by eEye Digital Security Showing an easy way to Hacking
> | Windows Vista.
> `----
>
> http://techreckoner.com/windows-vista-hacking-video/

Well what's a consumer to do? she says.

Well, uh, ah, duh, like, uh, keep patching, and uh, like keep updating,
and uh, like hope that works, or like something, he says.

Hello! Hello! This is reality calling. Try using an OS that isn't
insecure by design. Try using, like uh, like Linux. Duh.

Jesus! Not *once* did they ever mention alternative Operating Systems as
a more, shall we say, *permanent* solution.

They've just stated that the problem will *never* go away. They've just
shown someone's bank account password being compromised. They've
admitted that firewalls and anti-virus are little more than a minor
distraction to Windows hackers. Something as trivial as a document
giving remote root access to a machine.

Wake up people. Windows insecurity is irreparable. Windows is insecure
by design. Are they on drugs, or irreversibly brain damaged?

> This is a funny (modified) new photo. Nobody from Microsoft is smiling on
> launch day of Vista.
>
> http://www.mendna.com/2007/04/21/and-the-huh-starts-now/

The fact that it's fake makes it even funnier. Why? Think about it. They
look that miserable even when Vista actually *works*.

> More Windows cursor patch trouble

MS will never live this one down. It's a classic. All hell breaks loose
over ... an animated cursor.

ROTFLMAO!

Only on Windows.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| I found [Vista] to be a dangerously unstable operating system,
| which has caused me to lose data ... unfortunately this product
| is unfit for any user. - [H]ardOCP, <http://tinyurl.com/3bpfs2>
`----

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.20-1.2312.fc5
 06:27:31 up 6 days,  3:59,  2 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.36, 0.35