[News] Ian Murdock: Developers, Developers, Developers, Developers

Debian's Ian Speaks: Gaining Developer Mindshare Is Key

,----[ Quote ]
| "Sun's Linux strategy is not well articulated. People who ask why I'm
| at Sun say, 'I thought Sun was anti-Linux.' That's not true at all.
| Solaris is the operating system of choice, no doubt at all, but there
| is a certain part of the market that wants Linux. Why argue with that?
| We can do a better job of articulating the Solaris strategy," Sun's
| Ian Murdock said.
`----

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/56996.html

Related:

Sun likes what it sees in the new GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| And regarding Java, Schwartz said in an interview: "We did version 2
| with Java because version 3 wasn't out. When we have version 3, Java
| will likely go to 3."
|
| Sun is considering the GPLv3 because it wants to appeal to developers
| who favor the GPL. Another factor is a patent protection expected to
| feature in the new version of the license, Schwartz added.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-7344_3-6157761.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Study: Developers Favor Linux

,----[ Quote ]