[News] Bungee Changes Economics of Software Development; AMD Seeks Economic Changes

Introducing Software Development and Deployment as a Service

,----[ Quote ]
| Interestingly, Bungee is avid about keeping the developer's code and
| property under the developer's ownership, if they wish. Or they can
| opt to share via three different types of open source Latest News
| about open source and hybrid licensing. Get viral, or get vicious --
| whatever works for you and your customers, or your customers'
| customers, or your customers' customers' customers.
|
| [...]
|
| Perhaps Bungee Labs will someday need to find a way to "release"
| code for a fee, but I think many developers and builders will opt
| to use one of the more open licenses and recognize this a Web
| services ecology play -- and increasingly a shared Web services
| world -- a least for the foreseeable future.
`----

http://www.ecommercetimes.com/story/K4uA7P3IzxaElp/Introducing-Software-Development-and-Deployment-as-a-Service.xhtml
http://tinyurl.com/25xsub

Speaking of which:

AMD Will Try An Asset-Light Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| AMD, which reported a first quarter net loss of $611 million, laid
| out a silver lining that looks like this: revenue will be flat with
| the first quarter tally of $1.23 billion (I don't buy that) and the
| company is cooking up an aggressive plan to fix things.
`----

http://chip.seekingalpha.com/article/33060?source=feed

Their ATI acquisition got them enemies in the Linux world. Also, part of
Intel's price war (monkey business aside) was intended to just kill the
rival. They use their bank account to weaken or eliminate smaller companies.