[News] Op-Ed: Ubuntu Takes Java to Become Competitive with Rad Hat

Ubuntu and Sun vs. Red Hat and JBoss?

,----[ Quote ]
| Of course, Red Hat and JBoss are already there. Since Red Hat acquired
| the Java application server company, Red Hat has been integrating it
| deeper both into its Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) distribution and
| into its business plans.
|
| Still, Shuttleworth said, "We don't want to eat up our way up the
| development stack; we partner with the best people." That said, "It
| [Ubuntu/Sun vs. Red Hat/JBoss] is an interesting contrast. Red Hat
| feels they need to own the brand, while we partner."

Java on Fiesty Ubuntu - will anyone notice?

,----[ Quote ]
| However, how many Ubuntu users will be actively looking for Sun Java.
| Maybe a clean install will ask but I think many developers will be
| oblivious to this new effort.
`----

http://weblogs.java.net/blog/calvinaustin/archive/2007/04/java_on_fiesty.html

Related:

Sun, Ubuntu maker certifying Linux on x86 servers

,----[ Quote ]
| Sun Microsystems and Canonical have nearly completed work to certify
| that the Ubuntu version of Linux runs smoothly on Sun's x86 servers,
| sources familiar with the situation said.
`----

http://news.com.com/2100-1010_3-6132211.html?part=rss&tag=6132211&subj=news

Sun injects NetBeans into Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]