Re: [News] GNU/Linux Saves Man's Job

Roy Schestowitz came up with this when s/he headbutted the keyboard a moment
ago in comp.os.linux.advocacy:

http://www.lobby4linux.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=2

> There was another story about Linux rescuing people's PCs last week.

Live CDs are quite possibly the single most useful tool in a technician's
toolbox. I have them for not only demonstrating Linux to clients, on their
own machines, I also use them for rescue and recovery and backup. Now that
NTFS support has matured to the point of being relatively safely writable,
one can even carry on working on a b0rked XP box using eg Knoppix, Kororaa,
Kanotix, SuSE Live, or Mandriva Live.
--
Spanking brand new high end desktop computer: Â1700
Spanking brand new colour laser printer/scanner/copier/fax: Â600