Re: [News] Windows Vista Gets No Fix Until Year's End(ish)

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 02:30 \__

> Verily I say unto thee, that John Locke spake thusly:
>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 23:54:49 +0100, Roy Schestowitz
>> <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>> Otellini lets slip Vista Service Pack date
>>>
>> I seriously doubt that a service pack would salvage Vista.
>> More likely, it will just effect more problems. These people
>> need to gather their think tank guys and regroup because
>> Microsoft needs a whole new development strategy.
>
> You mean Microsoft "develop"?
>
> When did that start?

They don't develop. They buy.

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/security/0,1000000189,39286351,00.htm

/quote
Asked about these problems, Arno Edelmann, Microsoft's European business
security product manager, told ZDNet UK on Thursday that the code itself
has pieces missing.
"Usually Microsoft doesn't develop products, we buy products. It's not a bad
product, but bits and pieces are missing," said Edelmann.
/unquote

Let's see what happens when they develop:

Microsoft shipped OneCare unfinished?

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://news.com.com/2061-10789_3-6168629.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | http://debian.org
Tasks: 118 total,   1 running, 114 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie