Re: [News] British Poll: ~20% Use OpenOffice at Work

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 02:42 \__

>> And the centre of your desktop is...
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | We had an overwhelming response to our reader poll in this area with
>> | over 4,800 of you participating, so thanks to those who took the time.
>> |
>> | [...]
>> |
>> | The only competition at the moment is from open source office suites,
>> | OpenOffice in particular, which around one in five Reg readers are
>> | personally using.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/20/desktop_office_suites/
>
> Whoops, there goes another cash cow to the slaughterhouse.

Don't forget. Momentum.

Doris: "John, stop sending me those f**king DOC files with macros and
viruses. Just get the ODF plugin from Sun's Web site"

Nigel, the CIO: "Yeah, it's far more secure and it'll save us a lot of money
if we can drop our enterprise-wide Office contract"

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Pentiums melt in your PC, not in your hand"
roy      pts/0                         Thu Apr 19 07:46   still logged in