[News] OIN Comes to India to Protect and Promote Linux While Microsoft Chooses Plays the Patents Card

US company in talks with IT firms to push Linux system

,----[ Quote ]
| Open Invention Network (OIN), a US firm funded by six companies
| including IBM and Red Hat, is exploring possibilities in India
| to spur innovation and protect the Linux systems widely seen as
| a slow but certain challenge to Microsoft's propriet ary Windows
| operating system.
|
| Linux is a free operating system and is gaining popularity with computer
| makers such as Dell, HP, and Lenovo.
`----

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/businessline/blnus/15201606.htm

Yesterday, another article from a major publication indicated that PC sales
in Asia did not benefit from Vista. In fact, Lenovo will shortly be sacking
many people. Lenovo promised to preinstall Linux last year, but it seems
like Microsoft had a 'little chat' with them (there's no concrete proof
though).

Show Us the Code

,----[ Quote ]
`----