Re: [News] Microsoft Sues and Microsoft Sued Over Windows Vista Deception

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> Microsoft sues firm over US Army contract
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft wants the Wash Tech Group to pay it and pay it interest on the
> | outstanding amount.
> `----
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=41562

The forces are notorious for late payments, which means that anyone in a
chain that includes the forces is also a late payer, everyone knows that.

I wonder though if it will come to light that the reason they are holding
back payment to MS is because WTG can't get MS's pigging software to work.

> Judge Says 'Windows Vista Capable' Lawsuit Can Proceed
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A federal judge has ruled that two consumers can proceed with a lawsuit
> | that claims Microsoft's "Windows Vista Capable" campaign was misleading.
> `----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201305528&subSection=All+Stories

Now that is something you don't tend to see in the UK, a customer 'Lacks
standing' so MS wants the case dropped. Seems there are important customers
and none-important customers. Those customers who are only talking a few
thousand pounds worth of software, doesn't matter if their companies go
under or lose buisiness because MS software doesn't work, they are not big
enough in MS's eyes to have the legal right to sue.

Unless MS has a better way for their customers to get compensation for the
problems Vista is causing them I can't see much of an alternative path for
them. Except the one that many are taking, abandon the cost of buying Vista
and put XP on the machines. We have all written off software before because
it's more hassle than the software is worth to try to get your money back.
But this time everyone who bought Vista could sue, so maybe a mass of
individual court filings will finally bring MS to it's senses and get these
people a nice safe path to an XP install (as oposed to the wipe clean
approach that they have to take at the moment).

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2007/05/why_linux_will.html