[News] Microsoft Hates Linux, But OSI and the Linux Foundation Have Microsoft Apologists

  • Subject: [News] Microsoft Hates Linux, But OSI and the Linux Foundation Have Microsoft Apologists
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:34:04 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft vs. The Linux World

,----[ Quote ]
| Make no mistake about it, if you are using a Linux distribution, you are not
| a friend to the software giant in Redmond. For years, they have spread rumors
| and half-truths in an effort to curb any further attraction to Linux
| development. Unfortunately for them, this has not only failed miserably, but
| their own Vista operating system has become the ultimate pro-Linux marketing
| campaign with its bugs, bloat and compatibility issues.
`----

http://www.madpenguin.org/cms/?m=show&id=7984

And yet you see some people who refuse to identify a convicted criminal.

Linux Foundation calls for 'respect for Microsoft'

,----[ Quote ]
| "There are some things that Windows does pretty well," Zemlin said. Microsoft
| for instance has excelled in marketing the operating system, and has a good
| track record in fending off competition.
|
| Although Zemlin advised against launching large scale marketing campaigns and
| against setting up a Microsoft-styled PR organization, Linux should
| acknowledge and address preconceptions about the software instead of denying
| them.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2196258/linux-foundation-calls-respect

Open-source discrimination

,----[ Quote ]
| Pamela Jones of Groklaw, whose opinion I value and with whom I normally
| concur, berated me for daring to suggest that we should welcome Microsoft's
| participation in open source...
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9756114-7.html

He is having lunch with Microsoft executives. They try to 'buy' the mind of
open source/free software people.