[News] MySQL and BitTorrent Sneak Out of Source Code Availability

  • Subject: [News] MySQL and BitTorrent Sneak Out of Source Code Availability
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 12:59:38 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
MySQL ends distribution of Enterprise source tarballs

,----[ Quote ]
| MySQL quietly let slip that it would no longer be distributing the MySQL
| Enterprise Server source as a tarball, not quite a year after the company
| announced a split between its paid and free versions.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/118489

Similar accusations were made last year (source code not up to date).

BitTorrent Addresses Closed Source Issues

,----[ Quote ]
| It was reasonably assumed that not a whole lot was going to change after the
| acquisition. Bram Cohen had assured everyone that the community experience
| surrounding uTorrent would remain intact.
|
| [...]
|
| Q: How will this impact the BitTorrent open source development community as a
| whole?
|
| A: There will be no impact to the BitTorrent open source development
| community. We are committed to maintaining the preeminent reference
| implementation of BitTorrent under an open source license."
`----

http://www.slyck.com/story1566_BitTorrent_Addresses_Closed_Source_Issues

Didn't they sell out to Microsoft DRM?