Re: [News] Windows-only PC Company (PB) to be Acquired by Lenovo?

> Packard Bell jilts Acer for Lenovo
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| It looks like Packard Bell will soon tie the knot with Lenovo - not Acer.
>| Today, Lenovo announced that it's in discussions with "third parties and/or
>| government bodies" as it prepares to purchase the Netherlands-based
>| electronics manufacturer, leaving arch-rival Acer to navigate the European PC
>| market all on its own.
> `----
>
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/08/lenovo_to_buy_packard_bell/

Vista has caused immense damage, I think, to the OEM businesses, which
were already on a knife-edge.  Coupled with the growth of devices, we
are about to fall into a new age of computing development and growth,
although, uniquely, power consumption will be the critical driving
factor.  This puts the portable and mobile manufacturers in the lead,
though, as they've had at least 20 years (actually, a lot more if you
look back to analogue cellphones and then point to point radio systems
before them) worrying about battery consumption.