Re: [News] Linux Word Processor Does OCR

> Abiword gets experimental OCR scanning support
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| An experimental Abiword plugin built on Ocropus and GEGL brings integrated
>| OCR scanning support to the popular open source word processing program. The
>| Abiword plugin is being developed by GNOME-scan creator Etienne Bersac.
> `----
>
> http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/08/06/abiword-gets-experimental-ocr-scanning-support
>
> This shows the power of Free software. Just dragging and dropping components,
> without incompatibilities or licensing issues.

Personally, I think that linux will simply continue to grow and grow.
There are vast numbers of capable programmers out there, what about all
the Indian and Chinese programmers who are just beginning to cut their
teeth in free software?

There is so much more which can be brought to bear on this (global free
software) project.