Re: User Hates Looks of XP, Makes it Look Like Linux

____/  tblanchard001@xxxxxxxxx on Tuesday 07 August 2007 19:52 : \____

> On Aug 7, 1:28 pm, Mark Kent <mark.k...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> ed <e...@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:

>> > Totally agreed! Just some people might want to make their work PC look
>> > like linux, perhaps their net admin doesn't allow things they don't
>> > know about on the network, and the users don't have permission to alter
>> > things outside their userprofile.
>>
>> True enough, although I would suggest that mentioning this to local
>> network admins is worthwhile.  In the end, if there are enough
>> requests/complaints, most people and systems will act.
>>
>> --
>> | Mark Kent   --   mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk          |
>> | Cola faq:  http://www.faqs.org/faqs/linux/advocacy/faq-and-primer/  |
>> | Cola trolls:  http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/                       |
>> | My (new) blog:  http://www.thereisnomagic.org                       |-

> You could throw the body of a hotrod over the top of a four cylinder
> engine, a loud muffler, and big tires on the back.   Hey, it looks
> like a muscle car, but then, you open up the hood and see an old worn
> out four cylinder engine with some extra plastic around it to cover up
> it's bad points (this is Vista revealed), but you still can't get it
> to beat Linux. Linux is like a perfectly tuned engine, without defect,
> compared to Microcrap Windfalls.

It's the power of modularity and isolation. The power of the API, the
standards, and the source code (no reliance of binary files = no DLL hell).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | LINUX - (L)ove (I)s (N)ever (U)tterly eXPensive