Re: [News] State of California Loses Faith in Proprietary Software for Important Stuff, Microsoft Lobbies

____/ Oldtech on Tuesday 07 August 2007 18:19 : \____

> Mark Kent wrote:
>>> End the secrecy of electronic voting
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.contracostatimes.com/opinion/ci_6550239?nclick_check=1
>
> Sorry, Contra Costa Times requires registration...  I don't enjoy that
> weirdness.  It's like they want to track me incase I ever quote them, or
>  create a parody, or they want to try to persecute me as an 'infringer'
> on their copyright!?
>
> NO THANKS!

It must be one of those tricky one that are built to accept referrals, but when
a new visitor (e.g. someone who gets the links via E-mail) arrives, they ask
for money or information they can use to optimise ads or sell. The NTY is a
huge felon in that respect and it even bags about it to its shareholders.

>>> "Of course Diebold and Microsoft are fighting it. Secretary of State Debra
>>> Bowen supports the bill."
>>>
>>> http://technocrat.net/d/2007/8/6/24284
>>>
>>> We have already seen Microsoft twisting arms (bullying) New York over this.
>>> It has already been shown that the voting machines are broken by design.
>>> This was even proven scientifically recently.
>>>

>> Can you see US politics overcoming the pressure of corporates?  It would
>> be an interesting turn up for the books if it were to.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reversi for Linux/Win32: http://othellomaster.com
Swap:  1510068k total,   709992k used,   800076k free,    82384k cached