Re: All four System Lords embrace GNU/Linux

____/ flyer on Tuesday 07 August 2007 12:36 : \____

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=201203176&cid=RSSfeed_IWK_News

>> The major system makers are HP(/Compaq!), Dell, Lenovo, Acer.  I posted
>> the Acer stand, as stated last Friday, that pre-loaded Linux systems
>> will be offered.
>>
>> Of the other three, Dell is the market leader in offering Ubuntu on
>> three models, to expand to five models soon.
>
> Now that's serious. Not too long before they just dump windows and be
> done with it. Things are picking up fast.

The customers are all dumping an exclusive relationship with Microsoft Windows.
The customers are OEMs, not end users who are forced to accept what's
available on the shelf. Microsoft's fight for the OEMs can be seen in its full
aggressive 'glory' in antitrust memos. They use/d illegal tactics to exclude
and discriminate against competing O/Ses.

When OEMs (sellers and Microsoft customers) stock Linux, so will their clients.
It might take a while, but it's a domino effect.

H-P, by the way, will soon be joining. It is inevitable. As for Acer, they sell
Linux in part of Europe, Asia, and the United States. Like Dell, this will
grow and expand gradually (geographically, and also to other models).

>> Lenovo and HP/Compaq are tossing their hats into the ring!  All can see
>> the demand has peaked and now is their chance to offer systems for $200
>> LESS, to meet Dell's prices, with FREE GNU/Linux pre-installed!
>>
>> Can't beat Dell, might as well stay on the porch, little dog!
>>
>> Microsoft:  All your base are ours!

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Open syntax, Open API's, Open standards