[News] "Fight Club" Challenges Proprietary Software

  • Subject: [News] "Fight Club" Challenges Proprietary Software
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 13:06:15 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
The Open Source Fight Club

,----[ Quote ]
| Open source networking vendor Untangle wants to talk about its Fight Club, an
| event, scheduled for LinuxWorld here this week, that will pit open source
| antivirus and gateway security solutions against their proprietary
| competitors.

Astaro Security Gateway 110

,----[ Quote ]
| As with many other network security companies Astaro started life
| with a simple Linux based product that turned a donor system into a
| fully fledged firewall.
`----

http://www.trustedreviews.com/networking/review/2007/03/19/Astaro-Security-Gateway-110/p1

Japanese MVNO offers XP users a tiny, Linux-based firewall

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux security device vendor Arxceo says its tiny Linux security
| appliance was used by Japanese MVNO JCI ("mobile virtual network
| operator") as the basis for the "Personal IPS" (intrusion
| prevention system), which aims to protect Windows XP laptops
| connected via WiFi, Ethernet, or JCI's PHS network.

An update on Yoggie GPL compliance

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://lwn.net/Articles/241282/rss