[News] [Rival] Vista Might Be the End of Windows Dominance, 'Enhanced' XP a Better Choice

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Might Be the End of Windows Dominance, 'Enhanced' XP a Better Choice
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 12:26:44 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Is Vista Microsoft's PS3?

,----[ Quote ]
| Given the general anti-Vista sentiment appears to be rising, I wonder if
| Windows Vista may be Microsoft’s PlayStation 3. Sony’s PS2 was the dominant
| game console for many years. Even the Xbox really didn’t do much more than
| dent its dominance.
`----

http://www.oreillynet.com/windows/blog/2007/08/is_vista_microsofts_ps3_1.html

Patchy antivirus coverage for 64-bit Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| Virus Bulletin security certification body tested a number of antivirus
| software solutions for 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and discovered that
| security firms are struggling to provide satisfactory protection for the
| operating system and users.
`----

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=672

This is the type of thing most people end up with (all the features of Vista,
without the 'features').

Make XP Look Like Vista with WindowBlinds 6

,----[ Quote ]
| Aside from that there are also a host of options available in WindowBlinds 6
| so that almost all aspects of your operating system look exactly the way you
| want it to.
`----

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2007/08/06/make-xp-look-like-vista-with-windowblinds-6/

All of this can be achieved in Linux too (and it is actually maintained
actively and continues to evolve, unlike XP).