Re: [Rival] IE7 Not Working Properly, Even on Windows Vista

On Aug 6, 8:07 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> ____/ Brett Ryan on Monday 06 August 2007 15:00 : \____
>

> > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
> >> Vista IE7 issue remains unsolved for many users
>
> >> ,----[ Quote ]
> >> `----
>
> >>http://techomg.com/vista-ie7-issue-remains-unsolved-for-many-users/
>
> >> Some more blame thrown everywhere but Microsoft and their DRM-infected
> >> kernel.
>
> >> Nvidia the Cause of Vista Complaints?
>
> http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2007/08/05/nvidia-the-cause-of-vista-com...
>

> > And this is a suprise?  Everyone that I know who has worked with Vista
> > have not had a good thing to say about it.  That includes ISP's,
> > hardware vendors, application vendors.  It's a mess.
>
> I sometimes see positive reviews, but at the end they turn out to have come
> from people who are affiliated with Microsoft. Usually it's a story
> about "getting used to" and "find some new applications to replace old ones",

Of course, this need to replace old applications leaves many windows
users plowing through an endless mess of garbage before they find
something useful.  The better alternative here is to switch to Linux
where even the beta-stage software is better than the average MS
release.

> which is similar the the whole "death tidal wave" that affects Vista-incapable
> hardware, DRM-ed content (expiry/different DRM 'universe'), and Microsoft
> Office documents that are incompatible (even across versions of the _same
> software_).

Microsoft was practically the inventor of DRM.  Why should they stop
supporting it now?  I don't know of a more profitable business idea
than charging someone a fee for something they can't actually own and
may have already paid for.