Re: [News] The "Fake Steve Jobs" Blogger Busted, Turns Out to Be Forbes' Microsoft Shill (Dan Lyons)

BearItAll <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> "Fake Steve Jobs" is Daniel Lyons, in case anyone wants to sue
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | Maybe we should be, since this is the man who wrote about the "evils" of
>> | anonymous blogging in  "Attack of the Blogs", where he said that blogs
>> | are “the prized platform of an online lynch mob spouting liberty but
>> | spewing lies, libel and invective.”
>> |
>> | Um. Dude. Talk about world class hypocrisy.
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.groklaw.net/article.php?story=20070805195515884
>>

> I think Steve Jobs should sue, he probably would hold back thinking that it
> would be seen as bashing the little man.

I agree with both parts.

> But there was a truth in what Fake Steve Jobs said, that bloggers write with
> an unknown authority, there is a terrible arrogance in almost every blog
> you read, including my own probably (don't ask to see it, my blog is the
> worst blog in the world, honestly, even I don't like reading it. I write it
> for my sake rather than anyone elses).

I'll bet its not the most boring though. For that you have to visit Mark
Kent's where he waxes lyrical about many more things that he has no clue
about.

> You get people writing in ignorance on subjects they know little
> about,

Yes...

> bloggers are often annonimous, gads man who would want to put their real
> name next to some of the crap that is written in blogs.

Agreed.

> Bloggers though are seen in the same light as jernos, the only difference
> being that the jerno put's his/her name on the artical, I assume it's

So they're not seen in the same light at all. Especially since "jernos"
(sic.) tend to represent an organ ...

> always a real name, other wise how would they get paid. In some ways
> you

Sorry? You do realise that a lot of journalists use pen names? How do
they get paid? Err, in the bank I guess ... to their real accounts
represented by their real names. In the non OSS world, people have jobs
with contracts and stuff and receive a monthly wage. You are thinking of
OSS land where people beg for donations ....

> could say that the blogger is more influencial than the jerno, because
> readers tend to assume these bloggers are real people and are writing from
> real experiences.

No. I don't think so. Too many idiots out there. Not any more.

> There is only one problem with Steve Jobs sueing Fake Steve Jobs. That any
> of us can use any handle we can think of, there aren't any rules about
> checking that it's a real name first. There may well be someone out there
> who screams and shouts every time I post my mindless crap in this news
> group, if so I sincerely appologise to Mr Bearitall, but there isn't much
> you can do about it, other than ask me nicely.

Crikey. I pity the real Mr Bearitall if his friends think your waffle is
by him ... :-;