Re: Poll Proves That Less is Sometimes More -- Vi Most Poplar Editor

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Monday 06 August 2007 07:41 : \____

> On Aug 5, 2:54 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Poll shows majority favor Vi as their editor of choice
>
>> Is Simple Software Always Better?
>
> I was thinking that this weekend when listening to the NYTimes Tech
> Talk.   Although I mentioned it was fair, they did do the obligatory
> bit about "well, OSS if free, so you get what you pay for, no printed
> manuals, or 800 support number".
>
> But then I was thinking -- what about Firefox.   The browser is the
> most used piece of application software on the planet, bar none.
>
> Do people have to be trained to use it?   Read a book?  A manual?
>
> No.
>
> The browser correctly implements the presentation style that almost
> all people in the world can master easily.
>
> The web page can range from simple to complex and yet how often do you
> hear requests from people to help them "run a web page".

Firefox, Apache and Google are excellent poster children and selling points for
Linux. Choose one depending on the context of the conversation. :-)

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI"