[News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Resolves' Security Issues by Blind Termination

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Microsoft 'Resolves' Security Issues by Blind Termination
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 22:52:58 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Microsoft censors your messages

,----[ Quote ]
| The reason MSN gives for this censorship is that it's to protect users from
| exploits that use certain URLs. The problem with this reason is that any URL
| could be an exploit URL; filtering by keyword just isn't enough, because the
| attackers can always invent new filenames. The correct solution is simply to
| fix the exploits.
`----

http://www.adiumx.com/blog/2007/08/microsoft-censors-your-messages.php

Recent:

If Intent Can Be Proven, Microsoft Could Face Millions Of Mail Fraud Charges

,----[ Quote ]
| The final results bore out the "conventional wisdom." If emails were donuts,
| Hotmail would be HomerSimpsonMail. I don't need to reiterate the figures,
| there they are in blue and red. But for a Hotmail account to destroy up to
| 81% of all emails with attachments prior to their delivery to a "generic" ISP
| email account is nothing short of absurd, as these Hotmail accounts were not
| the free variety, but the fully paid ones. Compare those figures to the ones
| where the generic ISP email accounts exchanged emails with attachments and
| you will clearly see the difference. The worst performance was in making 2%
| Vanish.
`----

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hotmail_Fails_To_Deliver_Up_To_81_Of_All_Attachment_Emails

Microsoft is the world's biggest cause of zombie remailers

,----[ Quote ]